Event Operations Manager
Eat, sleep & breathe events? Want to work in a fast paced, startup environment which gives you project ownership, creativity, a collaborative team and new projects?
We may have the role for you...
Recently called the “Disneyland for SaaS Companies,” SaaStock's mission - to help SaaS Companies get traction, grow and scale - is going to a global stage. In 2019, we will land on five continents, running six events that aim to bring together more than 6000 SaaS trail blazers. Our flagship conference will always be in Dublin, but we are launching SaaStock LATAM, SaaStock Asia, SaaStock West Coast, and renewing SaaStock East Coast and SaaStock Oceania.
We are currently looking for an experienced Event Producer to join our Operations Team to help us actualise our growing portfolio of global events. You will work closely with the Head of Events working at every stage of the event life cycle - from creative development, to venue recruitment, to supplier hiring/management, to onsite execution. This is a position for someone who knows how to get inside attendees’ heads and build the right event product for them before they even ask.
We are growing fast, and as such need an individual who can grow fast with us, adapting to the challenges that both startup culture and the World of events can throw at them. You will need to be calm and creative under pressure, and have a keen eye for detail. A background in startups and owning a wide range of events, and a passion for tech would be very beneficial.
- Leading project meetings and communicating updates to the team
- Sourcing, management and negotiation with venues and 3rd party suppliers
- Financial forecasting, budgeting & reporting
- Competitor research & analysis
- Owning and developing multiple projects at the same time
- Management of all logistical aspects of your events
- Pre-event briefing
- Acting as team lead for onsite event execution
- Supporting the Head of Events
- University graduate 2.1 or above
- 3+ years experience owning and delivering events in the B2B space
- Project management skills
- Problem solving skills and diplomacy
- Experience creating and owning budgets
- Ability to work calmly under pressure across multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, a strong, confident phone manner and be professional and mature when dealing with senior level clients face to face
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- A passion for tech events
- Opportunity to progress and influence the business
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company pension contribution
- International travel
- 25 days holidays per year